A Golfer's New Year's Resolutions
The advent of a new year brings with it the idea of a fresh start. It’s a time where we can step back and reevaluate what we’ve accomplished and also the perfect time to set some goals for upcoming days. At Austad’s, we’re pretty much all golfers (some much better than others) so we thought we’d put together our own list of golf resolutions for 2018.
1. Play More Golf – I don’t care who you are, unless you’re a golf pro, you probably don’t play as much golf as you’d like. This year, we resolve to make more time for golf. We resolve to take a few hours to sneak in a quick nine or grab our buddies and play hooky on a Wednesday afternoon. We will play more golf in 2018.
2. Walk more – If you’re like the vast majority of Americans, reducing your waistline by a few inches is probably one of your top New Year’s Resolutions. Good news – you burn over 700 calories when you walk just nine holes. Make walking the golf course a regular part of your routine and you’ll easily be able to cross two resolutions off your list this year.
3. Get Custom Fit – If you’ve never been custom fit for golf clubs, make 2018 your year. Golf clubs with the right length, flex, lie and grip size can make a dramatic difference in the quality of golf you play. The certified fitting pros at any Austad’s Golf location can help you determine exactly what you need to play better golf and enjoy your time on the golf course a little more.
4. Play a New Course – Most golfers have some kind of a golf course bucket list of courses they want to play. Make 2017 the year that you play one of those courses you’ve been dreaming about. And if it’s not the year to play one of the big courses, go play a round at a local course you’ve never tried. One of the reasons golf is so fun is that every golf course offers something different. Spice up your golf game and give something new a try this year!
5. Focus Less on the Score – While most golfers resolve to break 80 or 90 or whatever the next level, we’re setting our eyes on something different this year. In 2018, we resolve to focus less on the score and more on just playing the game. We resolve to throw the scorecard out every now and then and just enjoy the feel of swinging a golf club. Life offers more than enough stress and playing golf should be one of the things that helps you relax and have a little fun.
Whatever your goals are for 2018, we wish you the best of luck on your journey. Remember that golf should be fun – if we all resolve to take ourselves a little less seriously, golf could actually be the thing that brings you some joy. If you are interested in custom fitting, the team at Austad’s Golf can help you find the specs and clubs that will take your game to the next level. Find out more about our custom golf club fitting process and why Austad's is a Golf Digest Top 100 Club Fitter for 2018.
Want to stay up to date with all the latest stories, trends and gossip from the world of golf? Make sure you sign up for our Austad's Golf Insider Newsletter!