Updated May 16, 2017
This Policy does not create a contractual obligation between you and Austad’s Golf. If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Information Collected
- Information You Provide: We receive information you provide to us when you:
- create an account with us (including a shopping account online, an account to review products, a customer loyalty account, a team sports or event registration account or any other type of account);
- make a purchase;
- apply for employment opportunities;
- contact us via any customer service method;
- submit user-generated content (via our Websites, Internet Marketing Channels or otherwise);
- participate in customer research, surveys, sweepstakes or promotions;
- subscribe for email, text, or other messages;
- work with our Associates who provide you with in-store services or otherwise assist you with your product needs and purchases through use of Websites;
- download or use our Websites;
- file a claim or participate in investigations regarding claims or losses; or
- otherwise communicate information to us.
- Personal vs. Non-Personal Information. Some of the information we collect includes personal information, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, driver's license number, date of birth, social security number, credit/debit card information (and related payment information) and/or telephone number that may identify you as an individual (“Personal Information”). If you or an Organization (as defined below) to which you or your minor child belongs create an account on one of our team sports or event Websites, the Personal Information we collect may relate to minor children. By providing the Organization or us with such child’s Personal Information, you represent that you are such minor child’s parent, guardian or otherwise have the authority to share this Personal Information with the Organization and us and further consent to the Organization directly sharing such information with us. The collection of certain types of information may be necessary and/or required for governmental compliance (e.g., hunting, fishing or firearms licensing or purchasing), or otherwise necessary to complete transactions you request (e.g., credit applications). We may also collect other types of Non-Personal information, which do not identify you as an individual when not associated with any other personal information, such as demographic/lifestyle information, personal interests and product/buying preferences and which we may associate with your Personal Information.
- Information Collected From Third Parties. We may receive information you provide on behalf of third parties, or third parties provide on behalf of you, including but not limited to gift recipients, online registrations/purchases, ship-from-store, in-store pick-up, registries or as a result of your interactions with other users on our team sports or event Websites.
We receive information from sources assisting us with (i) updating, enhancing, improving and/or analyzing our records or data; (ii) performing marketing and research services; or (iii) detecting fraud or theft. We may also acquire information about you from third parties with whom we have a relationship or otherwise contract with to obtain such information. Further, in the event we acquire a business, we may receive information from the seller of such business. Additionally, we may receive information from various consumer reporting agencies and related service providers.
We also work with third-party service providers that provide us feedback about our Websites and analytics and general information about browsing patterns to improve our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels.
- Cookies, Web Beacons and Automated Information. When you visit our Websites or interact with us through your computer or mobile device, (including if you utilize or interact with our Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or other technologies within our stores) we may collect "Automated Information" through Cookies, Web Beacons and other similar or related automated means (collectively, "Information Technologies"). "Cookies" are small text files sent to your device as you visit our Websites or utilize our Internet Marketing Channels and saved on your device via your browser or hard drive. "Web Beacons" (also known as pixel tags) are a form of technology placed within our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels to monitor visits to certain pages within, interactions with, and the effectiveness of, our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels.
Automated Information we collect via Information Technologies includes, without limitation, internet protocol address(es), operating system(s) and browser specifics of your device, device characteristics, geographic (geo-location) information, user ID(s), clickstream data, and specifics regarding your interactions with (i.e., the path you take through) our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels. Automated Information may also include your mobile device information (e.g., device model, operating system version, device date and time, unique device identifiers, mobile network information); how you use our Websites (including mobile applications) and Internet Marketing Channels, search terms, pages you visit on our Websites and application performance information. We may use Automated Information to associate you with any interaction you have with our Websites, including interaction across multiple computers, mobile devices, and In-Store services. In addition, while Automated Information does not generally identify or relate to you as an individual, we may associate these types of information with you as an individual. In addition, others might seek to do so, and we cannot guarantee that parties with whom we may share such information might not succeed in re-identifying or associating non-personal information with particular individuals; we cannot be responsible for such parties’ use of such information.
- In-Store Services.
- In-Store Technology. Many Austad’s Golf store locations offer free Wi-Fi services to visitors. Wi-Fi routers capture certain data from your devices that interact with the router. We also may enable Bluetooth or other technologies in our stores which enable us to detect the presence of your device in our store or provide operational insights. Unless we receive consent to use Wi-Fi data in a manner that identifies you or your device(s), Wi-Fi data is anonymously collected or de-identified.
- Video Cameras. We use cameras in our stores for security, operational and marketing purposes. This technology may capture demographic and personal information about you.
- Third Party Applications. Some third party service providers (such as Google) are able to combine your search history or other activity with the location functions within your device, to know that the same device that was used for searching on-line has also been at our store. These service providers provide us aggregate information as to how internet searches translate to customer store visits or other information.
- Your Choices
- Email and Text Message Opt-Out. You may unsubscribe to future e-mail communications from Austad’s Golf by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in our e-mail communication. Regardless of your decision to opt-out of future e-mail or text communications, we may still contact you to respond to an inquiry, regarding transactions and for transactional purposes (e.g., sales confirmations, shipping notifications, recalls, product information, service/reminder notices and account maintenance). In addition, you may use the methods set forth in the "Contact Customer Service" link below to opt-out or update certain preferences.
- Disabling Cookies. Based upon your interactions with our Websites and elsewhere on the internet and your (and your device's) interaction with our Internet Marketing Channels, we may personalize your experience via our Websites and via our Internet Marketing Channels. However, you have choices relating to how your device interacts with our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels. You may choose to access our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels without accepting certain Information Technologies on your device(s), and you may opt-out or modify certain elements that are tailored specifically to you and served to you based upon your browsing history. If you choose to restrict Information Technologies, you may access our Websites and Internet Marketing Channels, but you will NOT be able to take full advantage of certain features. You may also manage third party tracking by turning off cookies and changing your browser settings. Learn more at allaboutcookies.org.
- Interest-Based Advertising. We participate in interest-based advertising (IBA), also known as Online Behavioral Advertising. We use third-party advertising companies and networks to display ads tailored to your individual interests based on how you browse and shop online when you visit our Websites, Internet Marketing Channels and across other sites to serve you Austad’s Golf advertisements across the Internet and through other channels. Some of these networks may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) or participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance's ("DAA") Self-Regulatory Program. To learn more about your choices relating to members of the NAI visit their website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/#completed. To learn more about your choices relating to networks that participate in the DAA Program, please visit http://www.aboutads.info. Please note, even if you choose to restrict, opt-out or modify your preferences, you may still see or receive Austad’s Golf advertisements on our Websites, on our Internet Marketing Channels and on other sites, but such advertisements will not be based upon your browsing history.
In addition, the browser on your device may offer you preferences regarding a website's collection of your information or your online activities over time and/or across different websites or online services. At this time, our Websites do not respond to these preferences, and our Websites may continue to collect information in the manner described in this Policy. However, you have the option to opt out of certain interest-based advertising. To learn more about interest based advertising or to opt-out of this type of advertising by participating members, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website and the Digital Advertising Alliance website. Options you select are browser and device-specific.
- How We Use Your Information
We do not sell, rent or trade your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties without your prior consent, although we do share information in some circumstances as described below under “How We Share Your Information.” We use your information in ways consistent with this Policy and in the following ways:
- Fulfilling, delivering and communicating with you regarding requests for information and orders for products and/or services.
- Evaluating your application for employment.
- Administering surveys, sweepstakes, contests or promotions.
- Registering and servicing your account(s).
- Providing customer service.
- Conducting research and analysis.
- Alerting you to product, service and promotional information, including product recalls.
- Helping us to improve and customize our products and services, Websites and Internet Marketing Channels.
- To advertise our products and services to you and those of our partners that we think may be of interest to you.
- Protecting the security and integrity of our stores, Websites, Internet Marketing Channels and overall business practices.
- Enabling Organizations, account holders, and others to utilize the features and functionality and Services of our Websites, including facilitating communications among Organization participants, members and others.
- As may otherwise be disclosed at the time of collection.
In doing so, we:
- May combine certain Personal Information and non-personal information collected online and offline, including information collected from third parties;
- Will retain such information as needed to provide you products/services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements as we deem necessary, in our sole discretion.
We use Automated Information and Information Technologies to recognize you and your preferences as you return to our Websites or utilize our Internet Marketing Channels and to tailor advertisements to you. We may display targeted ads to you through Internet Marketing Channels. These ads are sent to groups of people who share traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics. For example, if you have expressed an interest in shopping for golf, we may target you with golf-related products. In addition to such tailoring, we use Automated Information to ensure that our online presence operates properly and efficiently for you and for your individual customer experience, to evaluate the use and benefit of such presence, and to support our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels.
We also use location services, which are built into the functionality of smart phones and other devices, in order to deliver marketing messages to you which are specific to your location. We may also use this data to track the effectiveness of local marketing campaigns, as well as our store location services.
- How We Share Your Information
We may share your information (including Personal Information) in ways consistent with this Policy and in the following ways:
- As we deem necessary in the event (or partial event) of a corporate sale (asset or stock), merger, reorganization, change in corporate control, acquisition, insolvency, bankruptcy or similar event.
- In connection with various co-branded, warranty, delivery/assembly and/or financial products or services, including our private label credit card(s).
- To comply with applicable law or reasonable request based upon governmental regulation, court order, subpoena or similar related action.
- As we deem necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Austad’s Golf, our customers, our associates or others, to prevent harm or loss, or in connection with an investigation or suspected or actual unlawful activity.
- With respect to our team sports or event Websites, with the applicable Organization(s) on whose behalf the Website was established, and otherwise in connection with other features and functionality of such Websites. Such Organizations at their discretion may share your information with other participants, users and public viewers of the Websites. We suggest you review the privacy policies of such Organizations before deciding to share information relating to any such Organization.
- As may otherwise be disclosed at the time of collection.
- How to Update Your Information
For certain types of information, we offer you several ways to access or update such information:
- If you have an account on one or more of our Websites, log-in to such account via the applicable Website. After securely entering your account, you can update your information and communication preferences by entering or revising the information as reflected therein. Note, some fields (such as password) are Website specific and if you have more than one account with us or registered on more than one Website, you will need to update each account.
- You can Contact Customer Service to request updates to your account via the link at the bottom of each page of our Websites or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at 800-444-1234.
- We may refuse requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical efforts, risk the privacy of others or are impractical.
- After closing your account(s), or updating or revising any information within your account(s) or any Information Technologies associated with your device(s), we may not delete residual copies from our servers and may not remove information from our back-up system(s).
- Closing an account will not affect information we obtain via Information Technologies.
We use a variety of security measures to help protect your Personal Information and online transactions with us. Our Websites utilize encryption technology, including Secure Sockets Layer, to protect your Personal Information that we transport across the internet. Your personal online and mobile account(s) with us are password protected with restricted online access.
Additionally, we use a variety of security measures to help protect your Personal Information that we maintain at our facilities. While no company can guarantee your information (including your Personal Information) will not be accessible by unauthorized individuals, we use physical, administrative and technical controls that are consistent with retail practices in an attempt to mitigate such risks.
Our Websites are "general audience" websites and not directed toward children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without express parental consent; however if your child is registered with an Organization, such Organization may provide such information to us. BY PROVIDING SUCH INFORMATION TO AN ORGANIZATION YOU EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO THE ORGANIZATION PROVIDING SUCH INFORMATION TO US. If you are a parent or guardian and think we have unauthorized information about your child who is under the age of 13, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Third Party Links
Our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels may link to other sites that we do not control. In addition, you may have visited our Website through a link or a banner advertisement on another site. In such cases, the site you linked from may collect information from people who click on the banner or link. These other sites are governed by their own privacy policies. Be sure to review these privacy policies when visiting such sites to see how they collect and use this information. We are not responsible for the content of privacy practices of such third parties' sites.